INTERPOM | PRIMEURS, the indoor trade fair for the whole potato & vegetable sector in Europe, will take place from Sunday 25 to Tuesday 27 November 2018 at Kortrijk Xpo (Belgium).
The trade fair is widely acclaimed as the largest indoor potato trade fair in the world where the entire chain is represented: from growing to processing and marketing. INTERPOM PRIMEURS 2018 was already fully booked months before the start with 321 exhibitors showcasing a particularly comprehensive and specialised range of products, machinery and services for the entire chain.
The trade show is looking forward to welcoming 20,000 visitors from 50 countries around the world.
Never before has it been so obvious that climate conditions play a crucial role in the agricultural and horticultural sector in general and in potato growing in particular. At times like this, communication and dialogue are extremely important. INTERPOM PRIMEURS is a unique place for players that form the various links in the chain to exchange ideas and seek out solutions for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
National and international speakers will share their knowledge, experience and vision about aspects of the potato chain during short 20-minute ‘walk-in’ presentations. The following themes will be discussed:
- Alternative sprout suppressors for CIPC
- Towards a reasoned and knowledge-driven approach to Alternaria Spp. in potato growing
- Quality of seed stocks
- Approach to drought
- The influence of the type of oil/fat on fatty acid composition of consumed fries
- Brexit and the impact on the potato trade
- WatchitGrow, digitalisation in favour of the whole potato sector
- Smart Farming in potato growing: hyperspectral image processing from a drone
- International import & export of Belgian potato products
- The CRIPR technique
- Launch of the Belgian Sector Organisation for Potatoes
- Kick-off international campaign ‘Can you imagine a world without potatoes’?
- From potato to chuño, a tasteful case history from the heights, together with Trias & Partners