If you are considering investing in a post-harvest processing line, the information included in this guide should make the process easier. It is not overly exhaustive, but will help you understand the process so you can find the perfect solution for your business.
The Guide is published by Wyma, processing solutions company based in New Zealand with dealerships around the world. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and services post-harvest vegetable handling equipment globally.
The processing Guide includes information on the following topics:
- Major considerations you should work through before investing in a line.
- The advantages and challenges of a new line including how to develop a business case.
- 15 key questions to help you to determine your requirements and specifications.
- Information around the total cost of ownership and how to set a realistic budget.
- Factors that will impact the overall quality and efficiency of a new line.
Wyma also publish a Guide entitled “Avoid potato bruising and increase profit“. It is said to be a handy guide to help you avoid potato bruising, minimise damage and get the most value from your harvest. Go here to download a copy of the bruising Guide.