Interpom Primeurs is an indoor trade show for the potato industry, held every two years under the auspices of Belgapom (the Belgian potato association) and organized by Kortrijk Expo in Belgium. This year the event will be held for three days – November 25, 26 and 27. More information can be found on the website in several European languages – the English website can be accessed here.
During the event a number of short “walk-in” seminars will be held where specialists will be presenting on a wide range of topics related to several sectors of the potato industry. A full list and summary of presentations can be found on the website – the English version is here. The following is a list of some themes that will be discussed:
▪ Alternative sprout suppressors for CIPC (in Dutch and French)
▪ Towards a reasoned and knowledge-driven approach to Alternaria Spp. in potato growing
▪ Quality of seed stocks
▪ Approach to drought
▪ The influence of the type of oil/fat on fatty acid composition of
▪ Brexit and the impact on the potato trade
▪ Smart Farming in potato growing: hyperspectral image processing from a drone
▪ International import & export of Belgian potato products
▪ The CRIPR technique
▪ Launch of the Belgian Sector Organisation for Potatoes
▪ Kick-off international campaign ‘Can you imagine a world without potatoes’?